Join our team
Research Nova Scotia (RNS) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation with the mandate to support, organize, and co-ordinate the funding of research in Nova Scotia. RNS was established to enhance research capacity as well as align research funding with provincial priorities and promotes a mission-oriented research ecosystem to help solve Nova Scotia’s biggest challenges.
Delivery and Implementation Manager
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021, 4:00 PM (ADT)
Opportunity: The Delivery and Implementation Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the programs and services RNS offers to the province’s research enterprise. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Delivery and Implementation Manager will work with the Delivery and Implementation team and other RNS staff to support researchers in achieving Research Nova Scotia’s mission-oriented strategy.
Qualifications: A graduate level degree in a research-related science. social science or business plus 5 years of progressive experience in developing and implementing programs and services (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) are required. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the research process and strong communication, writing, relationship building, and time management skills. Experience with electronic grant management programs will be considered an asset, as will previous experience in not-for-profit, post-secondary education and/or government environments.
- Managing the delivery of current RNS programs and services
- Recommending, developing, implementing new initiatives to support research and the achievement of RNS missions
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with stakeholder research administrators
- Ensuring that all programs, services, and initiatives operate efficiently and on budget
- Working with RNS colleagues to ensure information on funded projects is accurate and current for reporting and communication purposes
- Understanding the needs of the Nova Scotia research enterprise and ensuring that RNS is current in its knowledge of challenges and opportunities
- Representing RNS on provincial, regional, and national committees and working groups as required.
Term: This is a permanent full-time position.
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $77,000 to $88,000, commensurate with experience, plus a generous pension and health benefits package.
To Apply: You are invited to submit, via email, a resume and cover letter (in a single PDF) that details how your qualifications match this opportunity by no later than 4:00 PM (ADT) on June 30, 2021. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Delivery and Implementation Manager.”
While only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted, we extend our appreciation to all applicants for their interest.