Application deadline: Closed.
About Research Nova Scotia: Research Nova Scotia (RNS) is a not-for-profit corporation established to enhance research capacity and align research funding with provincial priorities. RNS invests in research that builds and translates knowledge to help ensure a sustainable and prosperous future for Nova Scotia.
Opportunity: The Program Officer is responsible for supporting Research Nova Scotia’s various programs and services. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Program Officer is a key member of the team that interacts with researchers, clients, and collaborators and ensures excellence in the delivery of all RNS programs.
Qualifications: An undergraduate degree in administration, science, education, or business, plus a minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in program or project administration (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) are required. Certification in project or program management will be considered an asset. The successful candidate will have experience working with multiple stakeholders and on multiple projects at the same time, preferably in a research environment. Excellent communication and data management skills are essential. Previous experience in not-for-profit, post-secondary education and/or government environments will be considered an asset.
- Ensure the RNS online grants management platform is working effectively.
- Coordinate creation of administrative manuals, policies, and user support documentation for grants management.
- Provide first-line support to all grants management platform users.
- Manage all files associated with funded research and ensure they are updated regularly by following up with researchers to collect reports when they are due.
- Review reports and work with funding recipients to ensure compliance with RNS policies.
- Support the development and continual improvement of funding report mechanisms to ensure accountability.
- Ensure all grant-related results are current and available to the Evaluation Manager in a usable format.
- Support the Manager, Research Programs in the development of new RNS programs, and the updating or modification of existing programs
- Collaborate with the Financial Administrator to ensure financial statements are up-to-date and payment approvals are in place.
- Work with the Marketing and Communication Officer to ensure all information for public announcements, posting on the RNS website, etc. is accurate and provided when required.
- Give administrative, clerical, and logistical support to the Manager, Research Programs to provide accurate documentation, data, and reports for RNS management.
- Provide support to the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) and all merit/peer review committees as required.
- Collaborate with other RNS teams as required to support corporate priorities and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Term: This is a permanent, full-time position.
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $64,000 to $74,000 commensurate with experience, plus a generous pension and health benefits package.
While only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted, we extend our appreciation to all applicants for their interest.