The Development/Innovative (D/I) Grant provides funding for developing or innovative health research initiatives in Nova Scotia, in order to strengthen a submission to a targeted peer reviewed research funding competition.
RNS considers developing research and innovative research to include:
- Research in its early stages;
- Research that focuses on new or innovative issues; and or
- Novel approaches for solving research problems
The required outcome of this grant is the submission of an application to a targeted funding competition within 12 months of the end of the D/I Grant funding period.
To apply for a Development/Innovative Grant, the Principal Investigator must:
- Be a researcher with an academic appointment at a Nova Scotia university or affiliated research institution, or with an appointment (with research responsibilities) at an affiliated hospital/ research centre/ institute; and
- Reside and work in Nova Scotia during the funding period of the grant.
Funding Amount and Duration
A maximum of $15,000 per grant will be issued for a funding period of one year.
Dates and Deadlines
Application Available in GMS: January 14, 2019
Deadline: March 26, 2019 – 2:00 p.m. (AT)
Peer Review: June 2019
Results Available: July 2019
Funds Available: September 2019